I am passionate about mothers, babies, families, and building communities. I am the founder of Essential Birth & Family Center and co-founder of the Rainier Valley Community Clinic. I am author of the Essential Homebirth Guide and speaker at birth and community-based healtcare related conferences.
My midwifery care centers around:
- Meeting families where they are at and building a trusting relationship through pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period
- Welcoming babies in an environment of gentle and skilled care
- Working collaboratively with a community of caregivers to provide wrap-around care for every mother
- Connecting expecting mothers and fathers with each other to help build a sense of community
- Providing Early, Often, and Easy to Access perinatal care
- Prompt, reliable, extraordinary customer service
I started my birth career as a doula, attending hundreds of births over the years. My work as a doula informs who I am as a midwife. I spent years watching providers talk to expecting families and engage and touch mothers and babies during care, but I viewed it all through the lens of the family. These experiences imprinted upon me a strong understanding of how very much every word, every decision, and every touch matter. My words and actions as a provider are carefully chosen to meet what I believe creates healthy partnership in pregnancy, birth, and postpartum care. I start with kindness, act in gentleness, and respect parents as the first best experts on their health, bodies, and babies. I bring my skills and knowledge to the midwifery care I provide, and love to learn about the ways that women come into their mother-selves, and families come into being.
I am currently on hiatus from practicing midwifery in Washington State. Please schedule an appointment with my trusted colleagues by clicking the orange button below.
To read more about Jodilyn, Click Here